April 10th & 11th, 2012
Studies have shown that businesses thrive when they capitalize on both male and female leadership styles. A mix of the strengths of men and women can help a corporation to maximize opportunities and navigate risk.
So why are there still so few female leaders in business?
Investigate with us on April 10 and 11 at the Women in Leadership Summit sponsored by the Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University — featuring anchor speaker Barbara Corcoran, a giant in the realm of U.S. real-estate entrepreneurs and a judge on ABC’s popular business pitch show Shark Tank.
Designed not only for women, but also for the men who will work alongside them in corporations, nonprofits and other organizations, this two-day event will allow students from universities across the region, active professionals, business faculty and members of the general public to discuss and debate the critical issue of women’s leadership in business.
The event will feature
- Keynote address by Barbara Corcoran
- Networking reception and other networking opportunities
- Resume workshop
- Appearances by representatives of major New York firms
Who should attend?
- Students from Fordham and other area universities
- Executives and managers who are looking to shape the conversation about business leadership and who are looking to recruit students of high potential
- Anyone seeking to better understand the challenges and opportunities women face as professionals
- Anyone interested in achieving success in business through a diversity of leadership styles and approaches
Explore this site using the menus above to learn more and to register for either or both of the summit days.